San Diego Ship Repair Association Charter
Our goals are to:
- Promote the economic well being of San Diego’s private sector ship repair industry by partnering with the U.S. Navy to forecast and obtain adequate levels of funding for ship depot maintenance.
- Enhance communications between the ship repair industry and the U.S. Navy to maximize military readiness.
- Work with other regional ship repair associations and national ship repair organizations, to ensure greater support among congressional representatives by facilitating better understanding and communication of all industry issues to our members of Congress.
- Educate and create greater public awareness regarding the contributions made by our industry to the city’s economic base, the community at large, the Navy, and the defense of our country.
- Educate our members regarding the processes implemented by the industry to provide environmental protection, employment opportunities, skills training and community outreach.
Board Of Directors
Steve Dykeman – Continental Maritime of San Diego
Dave Askew – General Dynamics NASSCO
Chief Financial Officer
Annette Vargas – BAE Systems San Diego Ship Repair
David Thomas – BAE Systems San Diego Ship Repair
Carlos Aguayo – Continental Maritime of San Diego
Dave Carver – General Dynamics NASSCO
Kelley Brown, Terrence Brown – Huntington Ingalls Industries – Newport News
David Bain, Al Herrmann – Pacific Ship Repair & Fabrication
Kyle Clapp – Propulsion Controls Engineering
Tim Dernbach – Bay City Marine
Josh Carr – California Marine Cleaning
Marcel Becker – Trident Maritime Systems